Thursday, April 24, 2014

Quick and Cheap Wall Art

Trying to make a college apartment feel homey can be difficult.
To liven up our hospital-white walls my roommate and I wanted to hang some artwork.

Unfortunately, we have no money.

Luckily, my roommate's parents were getting rid of their old record album frames.
My roommate snatched them up and a brilliant idea was born.
We decided to put scrapbook paper in the frames!




 We picked up a book of scrapbook paper that we fancied from Walmart for only five dollars. 
(We have since used this paper for a lot of other products--definitely worth it!)
After filling the frames with our favorite pages we hung them on the wall with command strips.
We think it looks great, and those who have been to the apartment always complement our "gallery wall".




I just love it!

Let me know if you like our wall or if you have any great tips for decorating an apartment.
Hope you're having a great day!
--Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment