Monday, April 7, 2014

Paper and Pearl Processional

My brother got married last May and our family gained my wonderful sister-in-law. It was a quaint, simple ceremony at a local park surrounded by friends and family. A lot of the wedding decor was homemade so I contributed by creating the bouquets myself and the other bridesmaids would carry. I worked with a friend to create them and I think they turned out beautifully! 




I don't have step by step pictures of this process but I am going to try my best to explain it to you all!
The paper flowers were created by cutting a big spiral out of newspaper using scalloped scissors. This was easy to do as you just start with a circle and begin cutting it around and around in one continuous strip. It works best if you allow the spiral to get thicker as you cut. 
Once this step is done, you just roll up the paper starting at the skinny end and you will see it beginning to form into a flower-shape. You really have to just play with the paper the best you can and once it looks like what you want you just stick some hot glue at the bottom! We then added pearls into the centers of the flowers with hot glue for an extra touch. We used green floral wire as stems which we attached by putting hot glue on the end of the wire and then sticking it up through the bottom of the flower. These attached well and are still holding up today!
The blue and orange roses seen in the pictures were purchased at the local public market at $1 for 6 stems. The peacock feathers were bought online in bulk and were used in many of the decorations!
Overall, the four bouquets cost less than ten dollars to make, and I know mine is currently a wonderful decoration within my home. This project was a great success and the bouquets looked beautiful as we all walked down the aisle. 



I hope this post helps you make some of these flowers, or works as inspiration for your own projects or wedding!
Let me know if I can offer you better tips on how to create these flowers! 
Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment